Counselling sessions for children, adolescents, adults and families utilize a combination of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Rational Emotive Behaviour and Humanistic Therapy to address the specific needs of the individuals and/or families seeking psychological support.
When working with young children we employ mindfulness, music and play therapy techniques to address issues including self esteem, stress, depression and anxiety. We offer a Parenting Health Check to support those who are trying to conceive, are already pregnant, or those caring for their newborns and toddles.
The session will review and plan for the essential areas of behavioural care for a child, and covers the following topics:
- Evaluation and Prevention of Post-natal Depression
- Mental Health and Behavioural Genetic Counselling for you and your baby's health
- Stress Evaluation and Reduction Strategies for Couples and new Parents
- Good Sleep Behaviour/Strategies for Parents and Baby
- Communication Improvement Strategies for Stressed Parents
- Work/Life Balance for Couples and New Parents
- Education on How to Promote Healthy Behavioural Development in your Baby
- Education on Support Services for you and your Baby's first 2 years
We want to support you at any stage in your journey to becoming or being a new parent.
Counselling sessions run for approximately 50 minutes.
For counselling appointments please contact us via telephone on (02) 9261 5336.